Understanding Shifts in the Japanese Cruise Market
Our client is a global cruise agency with existing business in Japan. They wanted to understand how shifts in the Japanese tourism and travel market could shape a new positioning and rebranding. We assessed their current offer, the market around them and the broader trends that might impact a new offer now, and in the future.
- 1 x focus group with travel professionals to understand the shifts, pressures, areas of excitement or concerns in the industry
- 3 x expert interviews with industry leaders tracking the changing face of the travel market in Japan in PR, advertising and visual media
- A comprehensive understanding of the current “temperature” of the market, and where this has come from with specific reference to cruises and the parts of the industry that connect with this
- A clear mapping (covering expectations around key metrics, such as value) of where the brand sits, and where it might have permission to build itself into
- Specific guidelines and guardrails (from each industry specialty) on how to move forward